Join Instructors Sheerine Alemzadeh & Karla Altmayer from Healing to Action in a 3 hour interactive class
- What is Gender Inequality?
- How does it relate to Gender Violence?
- Learn to Raise Issues of Gender Inequality at Work
- Develop Strategies to Challenge Inequality & Violence
Saturday, Feb 11, 2017 9am to 12noon
Cost: $50/$10 – Students & Unemployed
Who? Women Workers
Where? Chicago Teachers Union -1901 W. Carroll Ave, Chicago
Or you can register via email – Maria Dokes at email@example.com
Free Street Parking – Off the CTA Green Line – Ashland stop
If you have any questions, please contact Emily E. LB. Twarog at firstname.lastname@example.org
A program of the University of Illinois – Labor Education Program and the Regina V. Polk Women’s Labor Leadership Conference
Join us Saturday, November 12 from 5pm to 7:30pm at the historic Jane Addams Hull House on the University of Illinois at Chicago campus.
Light snacks and drinks will be served. Come reconnect with old friends and meet new ones.
Online registration will be available soon or RSVP on our Facebook event page at http://bit.ly/2dhgsLz
Questions? Email email@example.com or call Emily at 312-413-0166
Bring a union sister who is interested in attending Polk to the reception and be entered into a RAFFLE to win FREE REGISTRATION to two women’s leadership classes this winter. Topics& dates will be available in October.
- Dining Room Building, Jane Addams Hull House, 800 S. Halsted Ave
- Parking is available for a fee in the lot across the street.
- Hull House is accessible via the Blue Line (UIC – Halsted Exit) or the #8 Halsted Bus.
Download our Save the Date flyer here: Save the Date Polk 2017
2017 BROCHURE & APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD IN NOVEMBER.
The Regina V. Polk Women’s Labor Leadership Conference is a multi-day participatory conference that creates an open and invigorating space for rank and file women union activists and community leaders to learn from skilled instructors and one another.
Let’s Get Creative!: Grievance Handling and Contract Enforcement
- Working women including rank and file union members, workers’ center member activists, and others. This curriculum, however, is geared toward workplaces with a union collective bargaining contract.
When: May 3 to 7, 2017
- Pere Marquette Lodge, Grafton, IL
- $675/person all-inclusive – Scholarships are available!
- For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org